A little more information

The two main activities in my life: Helping the hungry in the late hours of the night and helping guitar players sound better one amp at a time.

I always try to remember that in order to do good one has to take action and actually do something.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I have watched the city and Southern California change for well over half a century.

I can be found on facebook at www.facebook.com/mylesr or on twitter at www.twitter.com/myles111us

As of late 2019 the music related links and prints noted on this page which had their links to by GAB (Guitar Amplifier Blueprinting) website are no longer accessible. I grew weary of updating my GAB website and let it go away. You can contact me on Facebook. Saunders Stewart Models continues full operation but we are not accepting new clients without a referral.

Los Angeles Architectural History

Los Angeles Architectural History
1935 Art Deco at some of its finest: No. 168 - Griffith Observatory- (click on the photo for information)

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Here we go again. Syria.



Here we go again?

One of my friends on facebook posted some commentary on the possible strike on Syria.  I have my own thoughts on the subject and won't even bring up the issues of getting involved on foreign soil while we have so many issues here at home.  I did comment on the history of the subject.

When I was very young I was told that the reason they teach history in the school system is so we can learn from our mistakes. 

Click on "Read more" for the complete piece.


There were many Indian wars and I guess those ended when the Government took everything from Native Americans.

There was that war with England that started in 1775 and through the 1800s there were another ten or so wars if one counts the Indian wars.

The ten years after 1800 were pretty quiet. Only three wars or incidents or actions or whatever you want to label one human being killing another. Sort of reminds me what differentiates humans from all the other animals .... humans can kill at a distance.

There was a bunch going on from 1810-1820 but in school the war of 1812 seems to get all the attention. It is always interesting how adept our government has always been in making things just go away. Ever drive on US 395 North and see what remains of where the Japanese were interned during WWII? Little more than a plaque.

Dozens of actions continued throughout the years. Remember Britain in the Falklands a while back? We were fighting there in 1831.

1846-1848, the Mexican American war took the stage and dozens of other actions since 1840 were swept under the proverbial rug.

1850-1860. Look it up. Too much to begin to try to explain.

1861-1865 The Civil War. 

In the late 1800s we were in Korea. Yes, there was more than one action than the Korean War which came later. Learn from our mistakes? Learn about the country, weather, people, culture climate? Seems not to be the case.

1898 - We had the Mexican American war in the past and now it was time for the Spanish American War. 

At this point, since I have left out 90% of the actions of America in the past I will just hit some of the high points.

World War I

World War II

Korean War (the bigger one)

Vietnam (my personal favorite as an attendee)

Persian Gulf

Desert Storm 

Iraq

Afghanistan 

.... Syria on the horizon?

History. They teach it so we will learn from our mistakes?

If you want more detail ....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations



No comments:

Post a Comment